"But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness." Romans 6:17-18 NKJV
Becoming a child of God requires one to:
1. Hear the word of God (Rom. 10:17).
2. Believe in the things written in the word of God including the death, burial, resurrection and ascension of God's Son, Jesus the Christ (Heb. 11:6; Jn. 8:24).
3. Repent of one's own sins (Ezek. 18; Rom. 3:23, Lk. 13:3; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 17:30).
4. Confess one's faith in Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God. (Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 8:37).
5. Be baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of one's sins committed against God (Matt. 28:19; Mk. 16:16; Acts 2:38; 10:48; 22:16; Gal. 3:26-27; 1 Pet. 3:21).
*Baptism is a burial, an immersion into water (Rom. 6:1:6; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:38-39).
Remaining a child of God requires one to:
1. Be faithful to God and His word (1 Cor. 4:1-2; Rev. 2:10; 2 Pet. 3:17-18).